Changes to ward boundaries in the City of Hamilton for the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board were approved by the Board of Trustees on March 20, 2018.
The new municipal ward boundaries have forced a change in trustee distribution structure to ensure an equitable distribution of Catholic ratepayers and schools.
Trustee determination and distribution are pursuant to Ontario Regulation 412/00, Elections to and Representation on District School Boards, to determine the number of trustee positions for the upcoming Municipal/School Board elections and to distribute these positions equitably across the board’s area of jurisdiction.
Trustee Distribution, approved at the Special Meeting of the Committee of the Whole on March 20th, is as follows:
• Ward 1, 2 & 15: One to be elected
• Ward 3 & 4: One to be elected
• Ward 5: One to be elected
• Ward 6: One to be elected
• Ward 7: One to be elected
• Ward 8 & 14: One to be elected
• Ward 9 & 11: One to be elected
• Ward 10: One to be elected
• Ward 12 & 13: One to be elected
This year’s municipal/school board election takes place on Monday, October 22, 2018.